Mary Grenz Jalloh
Professional with expertise in education and public health. Recognized leader in the field with diverse
experiences in administration, training, technical assistance, grant and program management.
Responsible for maintaining accreditation for post-secondary school from national accrediting bodies for
health occupations and the trades. Extensive record of national presentations and publications.
Director of Adult Education and Grant Development, Adult Career Education Center, Ulster BOCES, Port
Ewen, NY. Director of adult career/occupational education center with programs in the health occupations, clean energy,
manufacturing, electrical apprentice and trades, cosmetology, childhood education, HVAC, culinary and hospitality, and
emerging workforce preparation areas. July 2012-April 2020
Investigator, Title IX & Title VII, Civil Rights, (federal law), Ulster BOCES, New Paltz, NY. Conduct interviews
and prepare reports for the investigation as an impartial agent for districts. July 2017-April 2020
Founding Executive Director, New York State Center for School Safety, Ulster BOCES, New Paltz, New York.
Founded Center in 1997 with federal and state grants. Grew from $100,000 start-up to multi-million dollar agency within
two years. April 1997-July 2012
Director of Various Health Agencies, including Hudson Valley Regional Office, Ulster BOCES, New Paltz,
New York, and Forsyth County Health Department, Winston-Salem, NC
Faculty Roles: Visiting Lecturer, North Carolina A & T State University, Department of Agricultural
Economics and Rural Sociology, Greensboro; and Instructor and Field Placement Coordinator, Community
Health Education, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia.
Contract work: MJWORKS (President, project management and technical support company) with US Departments
of Education and Health and Human Services, 2008 to Present. Emergency Management trainer and Grant
reviewer, Federal Grants.
C.A.S State University of New York, New Paltz, School Business Administration and School District Administration
M.S. University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Agriculture
M.P.H. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School of Public Health
B.A. Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio (Fourah Bay College, U of Sierra Leone, junior year)
Author of over 25 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on education, school health and safety.
● Co-Chair, State Advisory Board, Dignity for All Students Law, State of New York, 2011-12.
● Board of Trustees, FCC/UCC in Poughkeepsie, NY, Historically designated site for the Underground
Railroad. Restoration funding committee co-chair for the Board. 2009 through 2020.
● Mid-Hudson Women in Educational Leadership, Board Co-chair, 2009-2010; Board Chair, 2010-2011
● Appointed expert, Advisory Board, National Institute of Justice-funded research project, “An Exploratory Study
of Juvenile Orders of Protection as a Remedy to Dating Violence”, State of New York Office for the Prevention
of Domestic Violence, April 2011.
● Association of the Schools of Public Health, Public Health Preparedness Review Board, member 2009-2011.
● Appointed, Governor’s Advisory Board on Interactive Media and Youth Violence, January 2010.
● National Organization of Sierra Leoneans in North America (NOSLINA), member of the board, Recording
Secretary: 2005 – 2010.
● Women In Monitoring & Auditing Global Elections (WIMAGE), advisory board member, 2022- present